Wednesday, November 12, 2008
"Then the Lord answered me and said: "Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry"
This was not coincidental but the orchestration of the Holy Spirit. Most of us felt this was a "Rhema Word" for the Church. The timing could not have been more critical. And then, on Tuesday Nov. 4th (My Birthday) many of us watched history being made not only in America but world-wide as Obama, now president-elect, a "Kenyan American" won the elections by a land-slide and became the first black president of USA. No matter who you supported, and whether you lean on the Democratic side or Republican, all acknowledge this was History and indeed a message to all. For the Christian visionaries, the message of Habakkuk 2; "For the vision is for an appointed time" was reinforced. Keep on dreaming. Don't lose your vision.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
What a wonderful time we had on Sunday at
- We can choose to accept the status quo and give in to the “business as usual” or we can decide to press for God’s ultimate Destiny for our lives.
- The greatest enemy to our destiny is comfort and those friends and loved ones who would like to encourage and comforts us to settle where we are
- The Peninah's in our lives; poor pay, harsh, unfair, unappreciative and unconsiderate bosses, unhealthy and poor working conditions, deteriorating relationships,unfulfilled dreams, betrayal, unsuccessful careers etc are meant to make us uncomfortable in our bareness and unfruitfulness and so that we may seek the Lord for our ultimate destiny.
- During the times of dryness, barrenness and unfruifulness and when people and situations provoke us like Peninah did to Hannah, we have a choice to become bitter or better
- Some things and situations can only be changed through prayer and fasting; sorry, NO SHORT CUT.
- OUR LACK OF AGGRESSIVENESS IN PRAYER NOT ONLY DENIES US OF OUR OWN DESTINY BUT MANY OTHERS WHOSE DESTINY IS DEPENDENT ON US.
- Watch out, there are many unborn Samuels (Prophets, Priest and Kings) waiting for you and me to get tired of our status quo, begin to pray and fast and see what God will do.